- Share the knowledge I have learned, the love of the game, and the potential that I see; with every person on the team.
- Competent, positive coaching over an extended period of time allows a player’s confidence and potential to be unlocked and flourish.
- Coaching is about energizing the player through effective communication, and building an attitude that the player can accomplish the task at hand.
- A Coach is a facilitator which implies that the player has the capability of having an insight or creative idea by thinking through a game situation and making his own decision.
- As a Coach I look for players who are DEDICATED, skillful, INTELLIGENT, AGGRESSIVE, creative, and have a PASSION for the game.
- The responsibility of the coach is to perfect the organization of the team.
- I will judge my success not only from victories, but by the successes of the players as they continue to realize their potential.
In the words of Bobby Howe, US Soccer Director of Coaching Education, “Soccer is an art, not a science, and the game should be played attractively as well as effectively. Soccer is a game of skill, imagination, creativity, and decision making. Coaching should not stifle, but enhance those elements”.